One of the most difficult feats in wakeboard design is achieving an ideal balance between traction and speed; one is often sacrificed to achieve the other. The Whip, however, has both, thanks to Slingshot’s signature NACA Tech Channels. These precision laser-cut channels increase the board’s traction on edge without sacrificing glide speed. With the Whip, you can enjoy the best of both worlds: speed and freedom on rails, with reliable traction when edging. The Whip has a medium flex pattern which gives it a strong pop off the wake and plenty of snap off the water for big ollies.
- New Carbon Bedrock Inserts: Slingshot has completely redone its inserts for 2017. New Carbon Bedrock Inserts are the strongest and lightest mounting system in Slingshot history and utilize the industry-standard M6 hardware. Reinforced by patches of carbon fiber, the new four-pack inserts are ridiculously strong, but remain flexible, which allows for an uninterrupted flex pattern. When paired with 2017 Slingshot Bindings, they allow for stance widths ranging from 19-25 inches (on center).
- Ballistic Park Base: To meet the increasingly more rigorous demands of park and cable riders, Slingshot has completely upgraded their base material for 2017. The new Ballistic Park Base utilizes the most durable material on the market and is designed to withstand the abuse of the world’s hardest-charging riders. Whether you’re on metal, wood, plastic, dirt or grass, you have permission to go Ballistic with this new base.
- Slingshot Fusion Sidewalls
- Continuous Rocker
- Verticaly Laminated Wood Core: Slingshot’s vertically laminated wood core construction utilizes the collective strength of wood’s end grain to create flex characteristics unlike any other material in wakeboards. This unique construction brings boards to life with a new level of energy under your feet. Benefits include bigger rebound for stronger pop, more forgiveness on landings and, of course, an unrivaled experience in the park.
- Inverted Naca Tech Channels
- NACA Tech Channels: Slingshot's diverse variety of bottom profiles is only possible through the use of super high tech tools, AKA a LASER. Precision cuts are made by lasers, which allow Slingshot to incorporate high-tech hydrodynamic designs into the tips and tails of their boards. This allows for a smoother flow of H20 under the board for increase traction, load, pop, & SPEED.